• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

Today was just a plain dreary and rainy day.

Temperature has been constant in the low 50s all day, but has started slowly falling the last few hours.

Rain wise have had mostly light rain most of the day which so far has totaled to .48 of an inch, and some light rain is continuing now. I am starting to some slightly more moderate rain the last few hours though.

Looks like rain will pick up in intensity a tad overnight and continue until early tomorrow afternoon. Even seeing some thunderstorms over Alabama moving this way, but I doubt they will make it here with thunder at least. I would love to be surprised though, nighttime storms are my second favorite type of weather behind snow. Probably going to get another 1-1.5 inches if I were to make a guess. Luckily Friday is the start of a few days of dry weather. Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Rain is absolutely relentless. Real nice band of rain over me right now. Getting some huge rain drops with this as well.F186FBFD-16D1-4478-83AA-12388AEE28C7.png

At this point, I’m ready to sweep any sort of “winter” that’s left under the rug, it’s time for warm days 73FC27DF-011E-40CB-A593-5C40433B6FC5.pngE6ECAFC5-FF9B-4E40-9FAF-419BC02BAB7F.pngED50F7F5-0420-4757-BF29-17D4D2D0F51A.png

Well that winter was just the worst. My final grade is F+. Gave it a plus cause I saw snow fall a couple times so ok. But man, warm eastern ridges, western troughs and cold STJ rain all winter. Just a terrible winter I hope doesn't repeat. The last 2 years in my mind have been fairly similar with the western trough issue, but this year said hold my beer and gave us a raging +AO. I've got to hope next year we some how some way at least get more of an eastern trough/PNA component to the pattern. Something's got to give. At the very least we've got to figure out a way to get a -AO. If we can't get some decent blocking up top next year, this hobby's got to be replaced. lol.

For March bring on the warmth please. I've had quite enough of the cold rain....

Back