• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Miserable March

All things considered today was not a bad day at all!

Today started out where yesterday ended temperature wise at about 49. As the morning progressed the temperature rose into the mid 60s before topping off at 69.3 for my high.

Had a some occasional light-moderate rain showers this morning but outside of a brief 15 minute downpour around 2:00, had no rain for the afternoon. Matter of fact part of the afternoon was generally sunny so that was nice to see. Overall, ended up with a quarter of an inch today.

looks like this brief reprieve in the rain will end soon as some light showers are moving in from Alabama and into Georgia now. Also under a flash flood watch between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday Afternoon for 2-3.5 inches of rain. I’m in the farthest north most corner of the watch though so I’ll probably see about 1-2 inches of rain in the next 48 hours. If I get that I will be at or just below 25 inches of rain for the year, that’s a lot of rain in under 3 months if you ask me.

That was a hell of a storm to put measurable snow down over the entire states of SC/NC....

The last storm to produce accumulating snow across all of NC & SC was February 12-13 2010. 3" of snow fell all the way down to Beaufort, SC!
There were 2 pronounced local snowfall maximums, one in the midlands of SC and the other in SE NC just NW of Wilmington.
Columbia, SC was the big winner in either North or South Carolina w/ 8.6" recorded at Columbia Metro airport.
February 12-13 2010 SC Snowmap.png

February 12-13 2010 NC Snowmap.gif

Back