Pattern Microwave March

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Gainesville, FL, is proudly radiating like the great radiator that it is with it already down to 33 at 1AM! The record low for the date is 32. The dewpoint is 25. So, there's room for more drop. Go, Phil, go!

18 degrees this AM!
Congrats to Gainesville, FL on your record 28 degrees

Bottomed out at 21 this morning as well. Quite bitter for March. Hope the covered plants survive.

However, there are several weather stations around showing the teens, and the one I am relying on is the warmest, and has a slight warm up that the others don't have, I will settle on 20 as the low.

Last edited:
17 at 4:30 am this morning, makes for some great running weather! I'm with Charlie now, done with cold bring on Spring T-storms

Btw every winter month thread next year needs to start with the word "microwave"

Reactions: whatalife
18 degrees this AM!
Congrats to Gainesville, FL on your record 28 degrees

Actually, Mack, Gainesville hit an amazing 25!! That makes it the coldest on record for so late in the season! This also tied the coldest of this winter. To show how well they did, the GFS never had a run colder than at or about 32 and even the 6Z had a low down only to 34! A major congrats to Phil and kudos to its radiational cooling abilities that other cities would love to have. We had faith in you and you certainly didn't let us down. You are a textbook definition of an overachiever when it comes to radiating.

Here in SAV, we tied the record of 26 and attained the coldest of the entire winter!! The GFS did much better here with most runs the last several days in the 27-28 range.

Last edited:
Reactions: pcbjr
Know folks are tripping on this cold weather for march... but man 12z Euro is a dangerous set up taking place if correct late next week... trough on this run just got broader... model consistency with this system has been great... this system has my attention. To the fullest...again the western. Portion. If the lower ms valley stand to be the brunt of this but today's Euro could put folks further East In to play as well...
Yeah GFS has it too around 7/8 days from now

Gainesville, FL, is proudly radiating like the great radiator that it is with it already down to 33 at 1AM! The record low for the date is 32. The dewpoint is 25. So, there's room for more drop. Go, Phil, go!

Was asleep by the time you posted and have been doing lawyer things all morning - Thanks for the thoughts! ;)

Official low was 28º out at the airport (which is always a warm spot); it was 24º in both Newberry and Alachua, and 23º was unofficially reported from the ag station this side of High Springs; MBY said 26º at 7:00 AM - so it was chilly!