• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

At this point we are starting to see repeats to last spring with lack of rain. You can't make this up. This is the 260ish hour 06z gfs
Hopfully with us going into a neutral/la nina pattern we'll see better rain chances as we head deeper into the year. ...But we had all that rain this past winter when we were supposed to be dry.

NE winds, low clouds, and drizzle in DC. I’ve seen a number of times this time of the year where you get temperature differences like that around here on a much shorter area.
Yep the power of CAD. I have seen 20-30 degree differences between the I-85 corridor and Columbia too many times to count. That difference has kept many severe weather events at bay in the CAD areas of NC and SC.

Yep the power of CAD. I have seen 20-30 degree differences between the I-85 corridor and Columbia too many times to count. That difference has kept many severe weather events at bay in the CAD areas of NC and SC.
Absolutely, I can remember one time back in the late 90s when a back door cold front was dropping into northeast NC on a late March afternoon, that temperatures in the Piedmont were in the upper 80s while Elizabeth City and Cape Hatteras were in the mid 50s

Gfs has been horrible this year. Literally had me at about .20 inches out to 264 hrs just 2 days ago and we are gonna get that no problem tonight and then some. 3k nam has me approaching an inch by morning

Gfs has been horrible this year. Literally had me at about .20 inches out to 264 hrs just 2 days ago and we are gonna get that no problem tonight and then some. 3k nam has me approaching an inch by morning
I was going to post that exact thing earlier today, as the map that was posted the other day is already well on its way to busting.

Back