• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

GFS is another torch later next week. Low to mid 80s for several people. Pretty insane warmth we’re having overall this year. Chances of a BN March going down the drain View attachment 134383
We will be looking at ML capes on the 12z HRRR and subtle forcing for evening tstorms before long

Fairly impressive mid March cold snap moving in today. Nothing record breaking that I can find but it's possible since locations will see their coldest temp in 2023 so far tomorrow or Monday morning. Looking ahead we warm late week no secret there then another decent cold front around 3/28 but likely not as cold as the last 2.

40 degree swings in less than 10 hours aren’t too uncommon in the Piedmont of NC in the spring. Typically you see a big high ring in some pretty cold temps. When the high is centered overnight in early morning, winds are calm and temps bottom out. About daybreak, the high is shifting offshore, there’s bright sunshine, and a steady SW wind kicks in. By late afternoon, temps have gained 40+. For central NC, I think Tuesday will be the day to see it.
TW

Why is no one Talking about the system in the southwest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've got a point forecast of 28 for tonight, and radar shows a nice blob of rain in Miss, less in Ala, more west of Miss., and it's all headed my way. It's cloudy, really cloudy and 50 at 6. So if the rain slowed down, and the cold sped up, and the bunny came early, I'd still be less than half way to an event, lol.

Hard freeze coming tonight. I guess that’s the only wintry weather even to get “excited” about these days.

Then again, last night RDU had a forecast low around freezing and only made it down to 39. ?

Hard freeze coming tonight. I guess that’s the only wintry weather even to get “excited” about these days.

Then again, last night RDU had a forecast low around freezing and only made it down to 39. ?
We were forecast for 33 but had clouds and wind and only got down to 44. Made for more comfortable fishing this morning.

Back