• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Any locations that see the wind die off tonight have a good shot at mid 20s. My lowest temp in 2023 so far is 23.6 and it would likely be in trouble if we fully decoupled tonight which it looks like this area may not
I'm only at 47 with a slight breeze. I bet the bottom drops out for a lot of people that radiate well. I can't see the breeze sticking around much after dark. Baseball practice is going to suck tonight.

Is the Happy Hour GFS our next model run? We need some luck east of the mountains. Or a miracle. Been a crazy winter. Beautiful today!

Any locations that see the wind die off tonight have a good shot at mid 20s. My lowest temp in 2023 so far is 23.6 and it would likely be in trouble if we fully decoupled tonight which it looks like this area may not
That’s a sad low temp. Thankful for the cold snap in December or else this winter would have one of the highest seasonal mins on record (if not the highest).

That’s a sad low temp. Thankful for the cold snap in December or else this winter would have one of the highest seasonal mins on record (if not the highest).
Thank goodness RDU got down below freezing last night. Even with the forecast tonight being a little colder, it seems RDU always runs warmer. I was afraid we would end the winter with our last (official) below freezing temp in February.

18Z GFS took another step to a cutter. HP moving out quicker ahead of the low. Seen this before this winter.
Not really a cutter just less cold air this time so it’s all rain.. track was good.. but like I said earlier we’re looking at a cold rain event here most likely nothing more

Not really a cutter just less cold air this time so it’s all rain.. track was good.. but like I said earlier we’re looking at a cold rain event here most likely nothing more
It was more of a timing issue, need the wave to be quicker. Slowing the wave down last 3 runs causes cold air to not be there.

Strong storm signal on the 18z GEFS. Definitely looks to favor the mountains up through West Virginia right now. There are a couple of solutions that puts down some snow outside of the mountains, but that looks much less likely at the moment. Fighting an uphill battle for most of us.View attachment 134316
That’s a heck of a Day 7 signal on an ensemble for those west of I-77

That’s a heck of a Day 7 signal on an ensemble for those west of I-77

A lot of big time solutions I think main issue will be if it’s cold enough outside of mountains. Need to see cmc/euro get on board. No consistency from op runs yet. The gefs is encouraging though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back