• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

My Bermuda is alreay greening up...in the 10 yrs I have been here this is by far the earliest it's greened up. It's 6 weeks ahead of schedule.

Some really nice weather coming up...cool springs are great.

gfs-deterministic-KRDU-daily_tmin_tmax-8168800.png

My Bermuda is alreay greening up...in the 10 yrs I have been here this is by far the earliest it's greened up. It's 6 weeks ahead of schedule.

View attachment 134067

Mine too! Pollen count was 1605 yesterday and probably higher today. I understand it’s too warm too soon but can’t help but enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 134067
Will be nice to finally have some seasonal weather. Today is the 66th day of the year and GSP has registered only 11 days below average. None since Feb 18th with many of those being double digits above. After today it will be more than 10 above for the month of March. The warmth this winter has been historic.

View attachment 134067
Pretty much a similar pace here as 2020-22 WRT greenup had a little frost kill this week though. Expect that I'll be full brown within the next 10 days this young bermuda has about 0 cold tolerance

With March snowstorms you’re likely going to sneak a snowstorm into a string of weather like this (most likely at the beginning or end of it). I’ve seen late March light accumulating snowfall a day after temperatures were in the 70s. You’re not going to get extended cold this time of year, it’s not really possible with how strong the sun is in mid-March, but that doesn’t mean we can’t sneak a nighttime snowstorm in, even if it’s in the upper 50s with a river of melting 24 hours later.

I remember with the February 25, 2015 snowstorm it was in the mid-50s during the day and sunny and then it was pouring snow by late evening with temperatures around freezing. Give us cold mid levels and good rates and good things can happen. More of an uphill battle than in January, of course.

As a disclaimer, I think the chances that we make anything of this pattern are fairly small (and let’s be real, we can blow a good pattern and come up empty even in January sometimes), but people also shouldn’t write it off as impossible.
This came last March on the 11th with temps in the mid 60s the day before and upper 50s day of. I kept hearing temps would keep us from getting big totals but as you see the extreme heavy rates overcame. People saying we shouldn’t expect snow in March is not true for all of us. Up here it’s almost a guarantee about every 3 winters or so to get a sloppy 2-4 inch snowfall in March. It usually happens between March 5th-13th. Since 2015 I’ve had a 2 inch ,4 inch and 6 inch snowfall in March.

March 11th 2023 6 inches
8E89FC3C-871E-4E9F-9989-A4552C4BBD94.jpeg
March 12th 2018 2 inches
DF3A6AD3-78F7-444E-A84B-501781FA6C27.jpeg
March 5th 2015 4 plus inches
4D8818F7-ACED-403E-939B-19F2DAB059D7.jpeg

View attachment 134067
I’ve had to mow my yard twice already. First mow was in late February which maybe I’ve had to do 1 other time. A normal winter I’m looking at the 2nd or 3rd week of March before I have to mow.

This came last March on the 11th with temps in the mid 60s the day before and upper 50s day of. I kept hearing temps would keep us from getting big totals but as you see the extreme heavy rates overcame. People saying we shouldn’t expect snow in March is not true for all of us. Up here it’s almost a guarantee about every 3 winters or so to get a sloppy 2-4 inch snowfall in March. It usually happens between March 5th-13th. Since 2015 I’ve had a 2 inch ,4 inch and 6 inch snowfall in March.

March 11th 2023 6 inches
View attachment 134073
March 12th 2018 2 inches
View attachment 134074
March 5th 2015 4 plus inches
View attachment 134075
One of the heaviest snows ever, fell on Atlanta on March 24, 1983, 7.9 inches

Last edited:
Aleutian ridge, west coast trough...same ole same ole

View attachment 134079
Well, it was showing this for Saturday at D10:

eps_T850a_us_41.png

Now we have this:

eps_T850a_namer_19.png

I guess that's a pretty good forecast. Maybe your image will change for the better, given that it's 336 hours out from now. ?‍♂️

Back