• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Raleigh has had roughly 3" of snow total the past 4 winters. This is the worst 4 yr stretch since 2005-2008...the worst 5 yr stretch has been roughly 9.5" total. So to even meet that futitlity we would need 6-7" next winter...that seems insurmountable.
What was rdus total the previous 4?

Raleigh has had roughly 3" of snow total the past 4 winters. This is the worst 4 yr stretch since 2005-2008...the worst 5 yr stretch has been roughly 9.5" total. So to even meet that futitlity we would need 6-7" next winter...that seems insurmountable.
I wonder what the total was for the 5 year stretch from 2000-2004 in Raleigh. That seemed to be an active period.

Our best chance to get a “storm” would probably be behind the initial storm that looks to be growing support for a NE coastal as seen on most models.. then that helps back up the flow and allows the next system to have a more suppressed Storm track .. question would be how much does the first system amplify.. stronger gives us a deeper cold injection .. and of course the track of the second storm is key as well. Again, I’m certainly not expecting winter weather but this will keep us in a cold pattern as CPC has highlighted for a while now

I think RDU has 4-5” or so last year and a couple inches in the February 2020 slushstorm. I think we had 0.5-1” in the 2020-2021 disastrous winter, too. I suspect the 1990s probably had a worse stretch.

I think RDU has 4-5” or so last year and a couple inches in the February 2020 slushstorm. I think we had 0.5-1” in the 2020-2021 disastrous winter, too. I suspect the 1990s probably had a worse stretch.
1990-92 did not feature much winter precip outside of the mountains. 1 small snowstorm along I-20 in 1992 and an icestorm in some of the area just after Christmas 1992. 1996-97 and 1997-98 were not too good either for most of us.

Back