• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

That “extreme cold” is turning into upper 50s over 30s, haha wack View attachment 133998

If you said that three days ago they’d call you crazy. With the exception of the schizo Canadian things really getting muted. Makes sense in the context of climo, sun angle, lack of snow cover, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some saw this coming, some didn’t.

The lesson here is maybe the GFS wasn’t completely out to lunch. It was seeing the can being kicked which other models then picked up on. Interesting stuff.

Also it is amazing what we need just to get some BN temps from an MJO and indices standpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to this would generate excitement, then it dwindled to where it would at least pique my interest, now it just ticks me off.....

prateptype_cat_ecmwf-imp.us_ma.png

2018 had some late March snows...for those that are holding out hope. I am getting old...I don't remember 3/12.
march_12_2018_nc_snowmap.pngmarch_24-25_2018_nc_snowmap.png

Raleigh has had roughly 3" of snow total the past 4 winters. This is the worst 4 yr stretch since 2005-2008...the worst 5 yr stretch has been roughly 9.5" total. So to even meet that futitlity we would need 6-7" next winter...that seems insurmountable.

Back