• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Mega March 2023

Especially when the GEFS is holding steady.

View attachment 133948
Looks to me like it’s slowly trending to the EPS, and it probably will, this pattern coming up favors amplification, and the euro/EPS have been steady with a more amped/slower solution, these colder air-masses are harder to move and typically drag

Looks to me like it’s slowly trending to the EPS, and it probably will, this pattern coming up favors amplification, and the euro/EPS have been steady with a more amped/slower solution, these colder air-masses are harder to move and typically drag
It’s pretty clear as day that the SE ridge will win out in this next threat. The NE weenies are not sold yet.

Classic example here. Big changes on the gefs which I alluded to last night 642C50F0-82C1-4CC0-8F9F-5A89290015D2.gif36AAD1FB-6C3B-4EDB-8167-4DF311364C80.gif

Doesn’t make sense with MJO and neutral PNA -NAO. It’s just a delay I would imagine. Or it illustrates that the whole thing is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Delay, really no stopping it from moving east when all set and done, but the more we slow it, the more likely we shorten the cold pattern

Delay, really no stopping it from moving east when all set and done, but the more we slow it, the more likely we shorten the cold pattern
The more likely it is to shorten things, but I will say that with a MJO high amp phase 8 moving into phase one and a strongly -AO/-NAO combination, I think it’s likely that we’ll see at least below average temperatures set up for a couple weeks with some quite significant cold shots in there. I kinda thought yesterday morning that the GFS suite was rushing things a bit. The EPS/Euro has really stayed very consistent on the timing

Back