• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Good lord that thunderstorm is packing a punch here in Raleigh .. had very strong wind gusts I would say up to 50 maybe 60 mph for a good duration of the past 20 minutes or so .. knocked over nearby umbrellas and furniture .. would not be surprised to see tree down reports next several hours .. also the rainfall rates are horrendous almost immediate fresh water flooding

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
437 PM EDT Mon May 23 2022

NCC069-077-183-232046-
/O.EXP.KRAH.TO.W.0017.000000T0000Z-220523T2045Z/
Granville NC-Wake NC-Franklin NC-
437 PM EDT Mon May 23 2022

...THE TORNADO WARNING FOR SOUTHEASTERN GRANVILLE...NORTH CENTRAL
WAKE AND NORTHWESTERN FRANKLIN COUNTIES WILL EXPIRE AT 445 PM EDT...

The storm which prompted the warning has weakened below severe
limits, and no longer appears capable of producing a tornado.
Therefore, the warning will be allowed to expire. However gusty
winds are still possible with this thunderstorm.

Remember, a Severe Thunderstorm Warnings still remain in effect
until 530 PM.

Very underrated severe day becoming apparent. Bigger tornado threat than previously thought and quite the severe thunderstorms .. another round later makes this an impressive day DBF8256B-35C1-4894-8E15-2BD38EDCDAB2.jpeg

You got more than me. 1000 mile continuous line of rain and storms, and the .25 mile break in the line moved right over my house and filled in 2 miles north. And our neighborhood's power got knocked out by an 8 mph breeze gust and is still out. At least I got to hear a thunder.

You got more than me. 1000 mile continuous line of rain and storms, and the .25 mile break in the line moved right over my house and filled in 2 miles north. And our neighborhood's power got knocked out by an 8 mph breeze gust and is still out. At least I got to hear a thunder.

We suck can't wait to see how we spectacularly blow the line to the south

6 days into this and .44 going to have to do a lot of work to match this gfs forecast
You got more than me. I'm on the struggle bus. I don't care in terms of rain. I don't have a garden or any grass, for that matter. But I do like the weather aspects of thunderstorms. Howerver, they have certainly been missing me lately.

Well according to some friends that live just a few miles south of me who saw it, there was a tornado on the ground here in southern Union County. If confirmed by the NWS this will now be the 5th tornado to come within 10 miles of my house since we moved here in 2010…. I feel very lucky. The friends who saw this evening’s funnel have some roofing material ripped off a couple of their chicken houses, but the birds are safe.

Back