• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

6 days into this and .44 going to have to do a lot of work to match this gfs forecast
.84 all with that storm this afternoon. Some heavy rain but it weakened big time by the time it got here, no wind, minimal lightning and thunder but at least I rest the sprinkler today.

Only got .85 today to go with my .75 from Saturday. @SD @Rain Cold @metwannabe I’d gladly send you the rest of the rain for this week if it meant I’d get my paver coping and concrete around my pool. Only been waiting for 5 weeks now. Looks like I’ll be waiting another week or more. ?
Please send that's more than I've gotten this month

It's amazing we're still getting these CAD events in late May.

That said, it hasn't been as bad down here, other than the persistent overcast skies. We havenn't had a sub-70*F high so far.

It's been an interesting day that's for sure. I never expected it to rain all day today either. In fact last night the models had us mostly dry

FB_IMG_1653355752954.jpg

Saw a video earlier of the funnel cloud and likely tornado that shut down Parris Bridge Rd in Spartanburg. That runs pretty parallel with 221 North to south from 85 to the state line. That was also the warned storm we saw yesterday.

On the way home yesterday afternoon, there was a 100 yd stretch on Mineral Springs Rd just east of Hwy 70 where multiple large tree and branches were down, one of which was up against a house. Only leaves and small branches down on either side. If there was a brief spin-up, it would have been right over the area with the damage I circled in orange one frame earlier.

20220524_085855.jpg

Next 3 days still look fairly good for some additional rainfall across northern GA. A number of CAMs have had a northward moving batch of storms around and after sunset for this evening and Wednesday and Thursday look even more active with storms.

Back