• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Thread

Nice little severe MCS moving northward up the AL/GA border. Hopefully it can hold together longer, but I have my doubts. Later this evening looks a little hopeful for some rain though.003332E4-BFFA-4C41-80D1-596A9A5BB0DB.png

I have my doubts as well. The humidity is already down into the 45% range. It’s going to take a parade of moisture to penetrate the dry we have right now.

ATL is literally sucked in by a black hole,,,lol

UPDATE...
Just a quick update to tweak POPS across much of the area as
models are starting to show higher confidence in convection
impacting portions of northwest GA and central GA with lower
chances across the Atlanta metro and Athens areas. Also tweaked
cloud cover as I expect mostly clear skies will start to see some
cumulus build through the afternoon given the increased moisture
across the area. Updated forecasts will be issued shortly.

ATL is literally sucked in by a black hole,,,lol

UPDATE...
Just a quick update to tweak POPS across much of the area as
models are starting to show higher confidence in convection
impacting portions of northwest GA and central GA with lower
chances across the Atlanta metro and Athens areas. Also tweaked
cloud cover as I expect mostly clear skies will start to see some
cumulus build through the afternoon given the increased moisture
across the area. Updated forecasts will be issued shortly.

Relative humidity levels are hovering around 40% across the area. Why they keep forecasting rain chances above 50-70% is kind of beyond my comprehension.

1653249800047.png

Relative humidity levels are hovering around 40% across the area. Why they keep forecasting rain chances above 50-70% is kind of beyond my comprehension.

View attachment 118683
Much better coverage than pop up storms coming up. Looks solidly like 50-70% coverage 66DB0843-F34D-40A7-AE74-AFCC715F8985.jpeg

View attachment 118683
I’ve got legit 1” cracks all over my field now with crunchy grass. I’m at 65% humidity today though and have had some heavy sprinkles a couple times. We need about 3” this week to get back to normal.

I’ve got legit 1” cracks all over my field now with crunchy grass. I’m at 65% humidity today though and have had some heavy sprinkles a couple times. We need about 3” this week to get back to normal.
I just had a brief sprinkle, the humidity has only come up to 58% after 9PM. I wonder how much time we have before the Allatoona and Lanier really start to drop levels. The prior wet periods have the river flow probably fairly close to normal, at least for now. To go 40 to 50+ days without any significant rainfall into June could really start some serious evaporation out of both lakes.

Back