• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May: gateway to everyone's favorite season

Congrats upstate
11468fea3a4c7d4c536df19d4a3b8de1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Big changes after all the hype of end of world type of heat! Two days in low 80s and some much needed rain showers! I’ll take it

You would think that the criteria for a heat warning would be different in May than it would in the summer since people arent used to the heat yet but i guess not.

Looks at 0z euro....quietly closes browser

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's kind of on its own with that solution.

If anything, the same run of the GFS went further in the opposite direction as far as more of a cool down and troughing.

Temps are busting big time in Charlotte because of the low clouds from the wedge.

It's only 72*F there as of 1pm.

The other thing it shows is multiple rounds of tropical systems from the Gulf, which would help to quench the drought.

Most people freak out when they hear Tropical Storm, and rightfully so, but they are so beneficial in climate patters like the one we are in right now with minimal rain (if any at all) over a elongated period of time.

Today has been a glorious BUST when it comes to forecasted high. Hovering right around 70F for a while now

Today has been a glorious BUST when it comes to forecasted high. Hovering right around 70F for a while now

Back door cold front which will begin to wash out and what's left lifts north. A reprieve down here where a pure SE flow has held KCHS down in the middle 80s today. The real deal begins in earnest by Friday and only intensifies from there.

Into next week, lots of differences are beginning to show up...however given the theme and pattern...I would unfortunately favor more towards the EURO vs GFS at this time.

Back