• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

Front came though about an hour ago. Dews are down into the low 40s if it rains temps are going down
Yeah I saw the dews dropped. Let’s see what happens but I saw in the forecast it holds off until our best chances in a 2-3 hour window around noon. Still though rain doesn’t look like it will be that heavy, so who knows but low 40s doesn’t seem likely .

Last edited:
Yeah I saw the dews dropped. Let’s see what happens but I saw in the forecast it holds off until our best chances in a 2-3 hour window around . Still though rain doesn’t look like it will be that heavy, so who knows but low 40s doesn’t seem likely .
Yeah low 40s is probably too aggressive.

HRRR has dews getting down to 27 here briefly and 20s on the va side of the border ! Ummmm too aggressive ? It’s right so far on dews, 39 at RDU. Dews are verifying too low you know what that means bro!
Ice Mageddon??

On / off drizzle here. Temps holding steady around 50. <---- and every second of this sucks...

Oh... lets all stop with the whining about 1 day of below average temps with MUCH needed rainfall. It's not like this is occurring on during the weekend. It's going to be downright beautiful this weekend. I can deal with this weather for one day. Because come August we're all going to wishing for wedges and a cooldown. (I realize this is a very unpopular opinion). But it'll be okay.

50/43 , don’t think we drop much more than that considering dews are rising up and the suns getting higher in the sky . Somewhere way above the crappy clouds . Absolutely ------- miserable but what’s a guy with my luck last few months to expect other than the shittiest weather .

Oh... lets all stop with the whining about 1 day of below average temps with MUCH needed rainfall. It's not like this is occurring on during the weekend. It's going to be downright beautiful this weekend. I can deal with this weather for one day. Because come August we're all going to wishing for wedges and a cooldown. (I realize this is a very unpopular opinion). But it'll be okay.
Yep the whole key is in bold if this was a weekend day it would be turrible.

50/43 , don’t think we drop much more than that considering dews are rising up and the suns getting higher in the sky . Somewhere way above the crappy clouds . Absolutely ------- miserable but what’s a guy with my luck last few months to expect other than the shittiest weather .
Eh what can you do, it's no worse than 90s in October or near 80 around Christmas or 33 and rain. At least it's not a damaging/killing frost/freeze

Eh what can you do, it's no worse than 90s in October or near 80 around Christmas or 33 and rain. At least it's not a damaging/killing frost/freeze
Yeah I hope it rises a bit though, some mid upper 50 s and rain at least lol! Would be more enjoyable for me then. 33 and rain is pretty dang bad , this is the may equivalent of it lol.

Honestly my only complaint is where was this strong of a CAD setup back during January to put us 25 degrees below daytime averages and give us a good winter storm.

Honestly my only complaint is where was this strong of a CAD setup back during January to put us 25 degrees below daytime averages and give us a good winter storm.
We are even more ! If these temps hold till noon we would be 30 below ! That’s the January equivalent of a 20 degree high lol. Pretty darn cold . I mean the highs we will record though like you said won’t reflect how ------ this day truly was though looking back on it lol.

Yeah I hope it rises a bit though, some mid upper 50 s and rain at least lol! Would be more enjoyable for me then. 33 and rain is pretty dang bad , this is the may equivalent of it lol.
Itll be interesting to see if we bounce up quickly later today once the rain stops and the sun potentially comes out. Until then it's probably a slow downward tick

Just a taste of what this coming winter will be like. Exception being...it’ll be 33° and cold rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was about to say the same thing. 2 miles up the road with 6" of snow and 33 and rain here. Doesn't get any worse than that mess.

Back