• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern March Thread

Long range but good to see the reinforcing fronts showing up - hopefully they'll keep things more seasonable through the rest of the month!

gfs_T2m_us_61.png

Lots of agreement on a significant cool shot coming up .. while I think this one has more potential to stick I’ll be weary about believing the colder solutions on guidance until it gets under 150 .. we get that PV lob to dip down like the euro and Gfs show then it’s certainly game on for significantly below normal temps for a period mid March

80 in Chattanooga as of 3pm - breaks the record of 79 for today.

yesterday's forecast high 73, actual high 79
today's forecast high 76, actual high 80 (thus far)
big factor is the very low dewpoints - yesterday we climbed 41 degrees off the low, today thus far, 38 degrees off the low

1. Here are my thoughts regarding climo. Being very warm or very cold doesn't mean climo is "losing" and being near normal doesn't mean it is "winning". From my standpoint, climo doesn't win or lose. Climo is just the longterm average of AN, BN, and NN.

2. The RH in GA at 4 PM was desert dry again today:

ATL 14% with 79 F
AGS 11% with 84 F
SAV 16% with 83 F

If I could avoid high summer humidity, I could handle wx like this all year round if given a choice.

1. Here are my thoughts regarding climo. Being very warm or very cold doesn't mean climo is "losing" and being near normal doesn't mean it is "winning". From my standpoint, climo doesn't win or lose. Climo is just the longterm average of AN, BN, and NN.

2. The RH in GA at 4 PM was desert dry again today:

ATL 14% with 79 F
AGS 11% with 84 F
SAV 16% with 83 F

If I could avoid high summer humidity, I could handle wx like this all year round if given a choice.
28% here which is a God-send ... ;)

Today's high at DFW wwas 80*F with sunny skies.

Should be near/at 80*F through Sunday.

37 even this morning and 80.6 this afternoon. That might be one of the larger spreads I’ve seen in a while.

Back