• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 8th Winter Weather Discussion/Obs (NC/VA)

@Poimen the cold biased FV3 tries to give you something to squint at....

snku_acc.us_ma.png

I think for anyone the triangle north has a possibility to see some mixed precip IF the precip can get in to the area before noon. Accumulations would be null and void but still I’ll take it after nothing in January and February

Hey Alcatraz, we want you to stay up all night tonight and keep us posted on your flurry event. Thanks
I will be in Statesville so no reports from me. I kind of like central foothills too based on 0z.

I just saw on the Weather Channel app it has snow showers here tonight. Didn't expect that.

35 over 21 with light snow in Wilkes. I guess they think it’s going to warm quickly lol there is no way..I knew the dry cold air at the surface would be overlooked.

Blacksburg AFD mentions colder guidance and too iffy now but possible upgrade to Winter Storm Warning. (Mountains)

If anyone wants to chase try Sparta NC westward. A very dynamic heavy snow is likely 3-6” IMO.

That batch of precip moving east in NC right now looks interesting for anyone east if that stuff makes it to the ground (which it looks like it’s doing) it could fall as snow or sleet in central NC no models are seeing it so maybe it dries up

Back