• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 8th Winter Weather Discussion/Obs (NC/VA)

I didn't personally see it, but my brother said it was sleeting around noon today. in Spartanburg

This was around 1pm in King!
83c88565457fe92ca8af6bce79fcf959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen flakes that big here. I actually don't remember which storm it was, 3-4 years ago. But they were that big if not bigger
We had fatties 2 years ago. Quick coating then flipped to rain and never flipped back to snow til the very end. I thought it was going to be an epic bust in or favor..wishful thinking

Was always consider a non event. No excitement over flurries crazy a thread was started for flurries
This winter, flurries, is a giant event! I’ve got about 1/2” rain and was 45 all day , that’s been awesome!????

3-6” occurred a few counties north in VA still within the same NWS office. Missed the thunder. More than a dusting if you check Van Denton’s page of the snow on the ground just north of North Wilkesboro. In statesville sleet went to snow to rain. It was fun to see.

Overall it was Lower amounts than I expected due to precip lull. Temps were there but moisture exited. A common trend this winter moisture is the bigger problem.

3-6” occurred a few counties north in VA still within the same NWS office. Missed the thunder. More than a dusting if you check Van Denton’s page of the snow on the ground just north of North Wilkesboro. In statesville sleet went to snow to rain. It was fun to see.
Euro Ukie combo gave me 10” for the December storm. I got 1” sleet but the county to my north got 14”. So I guess by that theory they nailed it!

It’s not fun to see sleet changing to rain but ok

When stuff was falling here it was snow/white rain. The system was dry though so pretty lame. Even now, 31 so kind of interesting with fog and a little ryme in trees. How do you spell that? Areas south and north probably did better because radar looked better. slight chance of something later on the month but that was prolly it for this year. Mild and dry would be really nice at this point.

Back