• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 2-4 Severe weather Threat

Lee Co AL
609a5e943f6e61eec0118fcfca4d2776.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Its not really even kicked off the normal severe weather season for deep south... i fear this is going to be a very bad season with just how active the gulf been already off to a terrible start
It does have that feel too it. What a front. This hot to cold stuff is no good

For posterity. When we look back at this thread everyone should remember that a Winter storm thread was almost started a week prior for the same event. Wild
And that the NAM says its gonna snow in Lee County on Tuesday...... that probably won't verify, but it just goes to show you how crazy and unpredictable weather really is

We’re good, Tony. Thanks for checking. That couplet was less than 10 miles away from me, but it weakened as it continued through our county (Houston). Other counties near us (Peach and Crawford) appeared to take the brunt of the damage. Definitely one of the most active severe weather days I’ve seen since moving here in 1998.
Good to hear, my friend! Got pounded with rain, but very little thunder except at the outset here. I never liked spring. To dangerous :)

This has to be the most deadly individual tornado in what at least 5 years? Absolutely horrible hearing the reports.

The amazing part is to think what would have happened if the Euro was correct days ago with the surface low in TN and the warm front in northern AL/GA.

Doing a little thinking about this and now Im not sure it would have been worse. Really the event probably was about as bad as it could get. Without a EML it would have probably had much more junk convection up north. The surface low being across central AL probably provided the lift needed to fire convection across southern AL/GA while the warm front provided the extra helicity. Then being closer to the gulf provided the moisture flow despite the lack of the EML and junk convection.

If the system was farther north, it would have still been nasty, but I dont think it would have matched today.

Back