• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 2-4 Severe weather Threat

according to willimington nc nws chat nothing severe on the storm near georgetown had a gust or 2 near 25mph and non impressive lighting

El K is down in Perry. El K, you alright?
We’re good, Tony. Thanks for checking. That couplet was less than 10 miles away from me, but it weakened as it continued through our county (Houston). Other counties near us (Peach and Crawford) appeared to take the brunt of the damage. Definitely one of the most active severe weather days I’ve seen since moving here in 1998.

NWS Birmingham said it was EF3+

I think it was Fred Gossage I was talking to a good number of years back and not to be morbid but you can usually tell a lot about strength from fatalities. While a EF0-EF3 can kill you, it normally takes a EF4 or greater to kill so many so quickly. I cant remember the exact stats but a much higher percentage of deaths were from EF4s and EF5 than the others.

Yeah I’m on this side of the fence . Right now in this moment the strength classification is completely irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay safe, Charlie, and if there is a bona fide relief link once things pass, please post it ...

We've got damage and folks in AL and GA and maybe FL ... all are going to need assistance

Phil

Its not really even kicked off the normal severe weather season for deep south... i fear this is going to be a very bad season with just how active the gulf been already off to a terrible start

Back