• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe March 2-4 Severe weather Threat

From what you guys in AL have seen, what kind of damage does the killer tornado look like? EF3+? Maybe 4?

So far all of the dead have been from Lee County, AL. This is the worst tornado outbreak we have had in a while.

I think so far, with that tornado, we are +13 irt deaths vs last year as a whole. Numbers could be wrong, but it is higher for sure.

They're coming out to survey for a tornado, there was definitely a funnel cloud... if it was on the ground it was between i-20 and longs pong road.

In my opinion, I see wind damage, and not tornado damage so far.

If you haven’t seen it yet...Take a look at Exist 51 down to Muddy Springs road. Lots of trees down and damage to sheds off of Muddy Springs road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you haven’t seen it yet...Take a look at Exist 51 down to Muddy Springs road. Lots of trees down and damage to sheds off of Muddy Springs road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend was out that way not far and did see a funnel. The media around here is obsessed with a couple church pillars being knocked over.. but no other damage to the church from what I can see, lol. Maybe shotty worksmanship. Nothing compared to AL.

Is it me or has Alabama been hit with tornadoes a whole lot more the usual the past few years?
Alabama has a history of numerous and significant tornadoes that predates the past decade. It is part of the core of "Dixie Alley" that by land area sees more tornadoes than the traditional "Tornado Alley."

Haven't heard much of anything about that tornado warned storm south of me but some in Columbia County think there was a tornado before that storm got tornado warned in Edgefield County across the SC border:

https://www.wrdw.com/content/news/-...ghbors-say-no-it-was-a-tornado-506640571.html

And there has been damage reported in Edgefield County with people injured but no deaths, thankfully.

That cell towards Eureka was definitely showing stronger signs of rotation early on. CC even showed a little "debris" signature.... there were a couple down that way including the barnwell area.

Back