• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 18-19th Possible Severe Wx Outbreak

Wonder if a quicker squall line means we can destabilize more tomorrow since it can move out quicker

You can see a fairly stout increase in parameters from just a couple hours ago ... wow this could get bad first line might be so fast that it gives time for growth of a whole new line ... good godView attachment 79531
Yeah lol no joke the first line might speed up so much that we recover after for storms later, HRRR doesn’t show much tho but hints at mini supercells near the NC/VA border with solid SBcape

Yeah lol no joke the first line might speed up so much that we recover after for storms later, HRRR doesn’t show much tho but hints at mini supercells near the NC/VA border with solid SBcape
My concern is it’s only picking up on this now and I can see where these trends are headed with current obs...

Good HRRR trends for the upstate if you don’t like Tornados. This is usually how these lines play out around here as we get closer to verification. ? View attachment 79532
That’s actually no bueno, those storms before those trends, it was showing they weren’t surface based and were elevated (even with those returns) now it’s holding them back into NGA which gives more time for warm sector the build for areas further East

That’s actually no bueno, those storms before those trends, it was showing they weren’t surface based and were elevated (even with those returns) now it’s holding them back into NGA which gives more time for warm sector the build for areas further East
I’m just not seeing it for this one. This one isn’t throwing me a bad vibe. But I’ll be prepared either way.

Back