• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry March 05-06th 2019 Wintry Weather

Someone within 50-60 miles of Wilmington will probably see the ground covered in the morning

yeah this is a crappy setup for SC. Angle of cold is all wrong. Even for me in the upstate. Cold is always late over the mountains

8e482328684e19cce13038d367a38572.jpg

Sure as hell ain’t fertilizer falling from the heavens. I’ll call it a trace...here’s to hoping my tulips survive this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0z NAM creates some weak iso lift from the upstate of Greenville, SC all the way to the Brushy Mountains of Wilkes County, NC anytime after 6am. Largely an all snow sounding if moisture reaches the ground. Couldn’t ask for better timing this would stick to most things given perfect timing of cold air already being in place. Just a moisture problem.

Little snow/grapple in that last batch, so it's really rubbing it in :) Looks like this next batch is going to slide by a mile or two south.

A little cold air reinforcement east of the mountains and this would have ended a lot of the midlands snow drought

HRRR is trying really hard to suck me in to setting my iPad timer to wake me up at 3 AM lol. The temps aren't there but perhaps precip gets them there.

I recorded a short video clip from my phone, I tried zooming in on the streetlight so it could be easier to see. There's actually some sleet mixing in when I was recording it, but it's mostly snow. (video still processing)

Back