• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Teddy

ForsythSnow

Reaction score
3. A tropical wave is located a few hundred miles southeast of the
Cabo Verde Islands and is producing a large area of disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Gradual development of this system is
forecast, and a tropical depression is expected to form within the
next few days while the system moves generally westward across the
eastern and central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.

GFS coming in hot very bad for Puerto Rico

It looks like it may recurve east of the US though in the later framesgfs_z500_mslp_watl_31.png

Last edited:
0Z has overall had a pretty decent trend back away from a CONUS threat (though not necessarily a tuna since the GFS hits the NE Caribbean hard followed possibly by Bermuda) with a well OTS ICON, CMC, and UKMET and GFS recurving along 72W.

Let's see what the King and his men says later as well as the GEFS.

But the 0Z is only one run and It could easily shift back the other way on the next run(s). It really is amazing how many twists and turns there have been with 95L!

looks like two camps on the GEFS a recurve/Bermuda camp and a very US threatening camp I see strong members in each too
gfs-ememb-lowlocs-watl-39.png

Euro is a recurve again even east of the islands the GFS hits

0Z EPS: Whereas more than half the members recurved E of 70W, unfortunately ~25% of the members went into or very near the Caribbean and at least threatened the CONUS. :(

Today at 12Z overall the pre-Euro consensus looks encouraging as far as the CONUS not even getting close to being hit. Even the 12Z GEFS has most members missing, similar to 6Z and much less threatening than the 18Z and 0Z runs. Also, out of 21 members, it still has 2 FL hits (10% of members) with one of those also hitting GA (5%), 1 NC hit (5%), and 2 NE US hits (10%). I count about 4 (20%) of the 21 members as solid hits in addition to a few scrapes or near misses. So, despite the good trends, this implies there’s still enough of a chance for the CONUS to be hit to keep a very watchful eye there, especially because there have been many wild swings back and forth.

Now time for the King and his men.

I wouldn't write this one off tbh if the trough around d6-10 misses it we are in deep
Interesting with the 12z Euro is it develops 96L, which later turns east and creates a weakness that may help spare the coast from 95L... so much going on, it's mind boggling. Lol

Interesting with the 12z Euro is it develops 96L, which later turns east and creates a weakness that may help spare the coast from 95L... so much going on, it's mind boggling. Lol

Yep, the 12Z Euro like the 0Z is a way OTS recurve.

At this point based on the model trends today and when considering the climo in mid Sept of TCs with a likely genesis in the MDR east of 40W, as a betting man I’d take the no CONUS hit bet laying odds as high as 3 to 1. That’s even taking La Niña climo into account. But I wouldn’t lay odds any higher right now due to just enough uncertainty still existing, especially considering the wild model consensus jumps of the last few days.

Whereas the 0Z EPS had ~1/4 of its members threatening the Caribbean and/or Bahamas/US, the 12Z has about half that doing the same or ~1/8 threatening those areas. So, now I can say that the entire 12Z suite of models is implying less of a threat to the Caribbean, CONUS, and Bahamas than before. But those areas are still far from getting the all clear at this very early stage, especially considering the other tropical features that increase unpredictability, the wild model swings that have occurred, it being La Niña, and with no LLC yet identified.

Last edited:
6z ICON goes deep south after splitting it with 500mb high building back after P recurves.

9c15e3c63c8ac18efdd08674f49b1178.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back