• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

Looking better for Tampa but now Port Charlotte may be under the massive surge gun

View attachment 152978

Fort Myers and Southwest FL still recovering from Ian and this would be terrible for them. And a little north with Sarasota/Bradenton being heavily populated. Sarasota/Bradenton/Port Charlotte have over a million people in those 3 counties

Im way away from the future effected areas but why the southern trends with such a strong storm. Is the high that strong?
Trough diving in but to be fair, I think globals have it further north still around Tampa. They handled Helene track better so we shall see, definitely NE movement now, all about timing now

1000002484.jpg

00Z ICON is the worst case scenario. Right into Tampa Bay. We're going to have the globals VS hurricane-adjusted ensembles battle 2.0
View attachment 152986
Yep, once again we see globals diverge from other models. They tend to resolve upper air features better so Tampa not in the clear yet that's for sure

00Z ICON is the worst case scenario. Right into Tampa Bay. We're going to have the globals VS hurricane-adjusted ensembles battle 2.0
Just saw the 11pm track and yeah I’m having flashbacks to 2 weeks ago. NHC seems to be following those tropical models again and man that makes me nervous

Low-level Water Vapor

20242830100_GOES16-ABI-taw-10-1800x1080.jpg

GOES16-CONUS-EXTENT3-625x375.gif

Back