• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

The Euro initializes this way too weak at 961mb but here is the wind map based off that.
ecmwf_max_gust_se_36.png

We can argue Cat 4 or Cat later when they do post storm analysis, please and thanks.

I mean had you rather get hit with a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers? just sayin

Unless they think is going to be fully extratropical by then, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to extend the TS warnings further inland over NC because there's a ton of complacency. Unfortunately, the NW side won't be utterly devoid of strong, storm-relative winds like Florence.
Same goes for the other counties in upstate sc that's not under it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The next bad thing is as with Harvey, it's come in strengthening, it take a few hours to feel the land and with the speed it will make some ground. Serious concern for GA for those in mobile homes.

Hopefully for everyone's sake this storm isn't all that bad. We need to closely watch the evolution of the precipitation shield and sfc wind verification upstream, won't take much to make things go downhill more than expected in areas like RDU & Charlotte as well as those close to the I-95 corridor.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point upgrading to a Cat5 may be able to help those further inland. Not sure it makes much of a difference for those on the coast directly in its path

Hopefully for everyone's sake this storm isn't all that bad. We need to closely watch the evolution of the precipitation shield and sfc wind verification upstream, won't take much to make things go downhill more than expected in areas like RDU & Charlotte as well as those close to the I-95 corridor.

Back