• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

What we've learned from Florence and Michael is that intensity forecasts are not very reliable. Track is much more reliable.

Yes and no. The Euro has been honking a fast strengthening hurricane, and the HMON and HWRF have performed very well. The problem is everyone didn't really believe them.

Yes and no. The Euro has been honking a fast strengthening hurricane, and the HMON and HWRF have performed very well. The problem is everyone didn't really believe them.

same thing last year... the models actually had Harvey same way but nobody believed it

It's really quite sad. You just have to have the mentality that every storm has the capability of being a Cat 5.

It's really quite sad. You just have to have the mentality that every storm has the capability of being a Cat 5.

I'm sure all those years of nothing happening(12 years without a major) probably set people that way too. I know even amateurs I've talked to didn't believe some of the models

I'm sure all those years of nothing happening(12 years without a major) probably set people that way too. I know even amateurs I've talked to didn't believe some of the models
But I would think after the recent devastation in NC that would be fresh on people's minds. I guess people just have the mentality that it will never happen to them.

Back