• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Thank you. Can you elaborate on “pulsed”?
The convection has been bursting throughout the day on the east/northeast side like Eric mentioned earlier this morning. The bursts have been getting closer together and more intense and a new one is starting right now. I would anticipate the strengthening to pick back up soon, recon just found 946.5mb pressure extrap. You can see the start of the new burst below and this one looks like it will circle the entire eye.
upload_2018-10-9_22-26-8.jpeg

Wow, a 10mb drop in pressure since the last advisory 3hrs ago. As snowlover91 said, the eastern side of the COC is firing up again. I wonder if NHC will pull the trigger and upgrade to a Cat. 4 or play a little more modestly and go stronger Cat. 3?

Wow, a 10mb drop in pressure since the last advisory 3hrs ago. As snowlover91 said, the eastern side of the COC is firing up again. I wonder if NHC will pull the trigger and upgrade to a Cat. 4 or play a little more modestly and go stronger Cat. 3?

I expect them to at least go 125 mph next advisory. Then come out with a special advisory if need be.

To my rookie eye, looks like the cold front is not making a whole lot of Eastward progress, or not steadily anyway! Could lead to more N/NW movement?

I think they need to do something aggressive to get people to listen!!!!

The convection has been bursting throughout the day on the east/northeast side like Eric mentioned earlier this morning. The bursts have been getting closer together and more intense and a new one is starting right now. I would anticipate the strengthening to pick back up soon, recon just found 946.5mb pressure extrap. You can see the start of the new burst below and this one looks like it will circle the entire eye.
View attachment 6869
I'd encourage those of you looking at satellite images to use this one snowlover posted, it is from the 1-minute meso sector, updates almost instantly and gives you a much better idea of what's going on. Free for all to view on TT

So 125 at the 11 pm update?

At 0000 UTC, 10 October 2018, MAJOR HURRICANE MICHAEL (AL14) was located in the North Atlantic basin at 26.6°N and 86.5°W. The current intensity was 110 kt and the center was moving at 10 kt at a bearing of 350 degrees. The minimum central pressure was 949 mb.

The slightest of just west of due north movement

recon_NOAA2-1214A-MICHAEL.png

Back