• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

IF Michael were to hit N FL as a major H, it would become the latest on record to do so and the 2nd latest on the northern Gulf coast back to 1851. Only #10 of 1886, which hit LA/TX on 10/12, hit later than when Michael will hit.

Just as did the 0Z GEFS, GEPS, and Euro, the 0Z EPS mean shifted SE. Also, the mean is stronger than 12Z.

Just as did the 0Z GEFS, GEPS, and Euro, the 0Z EPS mean shifted SE. Also, the mean is stronger than 12Z.
Whats interesting is the shift south slightly, as y'all have said, but for my back yard, its actually wetter this run, and gusts still possible upwards of 70+

BEB21483-8696-49AE-B036-08A06C22ECEE.png Looks like I was right! I’m losing this thing to my SE!:( 6z

Looks like the shear has abated now. CDO becoming very circular and seeing outflow now expand to the west. Hot towers exploding in the eyewall.

From the dropsonde about an hour ago. Should be nearing MH status in the next 5-6 hours.

recon_NOAA2-0914A-MICHAEL_dropsonde3_20181009-0906.png

See..... I wasn't completely crazy, Lol

reported that the eyewall had become less
organized, which may be due to some dry air entrainment

Yeah, it’s looking slightly lopsided, with the big feeder band on the right side. That doesn’t scream RI, and can help ingest more dry air

Its starting to look like that has been worked out and the core looks better and better each sat pic

Yeah, it’s looking slightly lopsided, with the big feeder band on the right side. That doesn’t scream RI, and can help ingest more dry air
That was last night with the dry air that as the NHC stated "paused" strengthening, it's looking plenty healthy this morning unfortunately and dry air will not be an issue at this point

Back