• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

A well known ATL sports radio host hasn’t heard from her parents in PCB in hours. Hoping and praying they are fine. These storms are fun to track but when you see people begging to here from family is absolutely devasting.

A well known ATL sports radio host hasn’t heard from her parents in PCB in hours. Hoping and praying they are fine. These storms are fun to track but when you see people begging to here from family is absolutely devasting.
My guess is they have no cell service.

Sandy sandy, yea hopefully everything is fine. She is definitely a daddy’s girl. Hope all is well.

There is nothing good about a 'cane ... yes, they serve a purpose in nature, but ...
Off the soap box ...

Michael still looks very impressive after hours over land. I'm wondering if it's going to end up still being a weak hurricane/strong tropical storm (like I was warning my dad as a possibility) when it gets to me.

Edit: To add, although I haven't felt great today and yesterday, when I was looking through Brett Adair's footage, I was getting a little nauseated at it. There was a time when I was a youngin when I thought I'd go into meteorology (and my mom thought the same), but seeing that footage, man I couldn't do that.

Unfortunately hurricanes are a necessary part of the weather cycle. Something about pushing warmer air North so that the tropics cool off so that there's more balance in the atmosphere. But tornadoes ? I will never understand what good tornadoes are for.

Michael still looks very impressive after hours over land. I'm wondering if it's going to end up still being a weak hurricane/strong tropical storm (like I was warning my dad as a possibility) when it gets to me.

Edit: To add, although I haven't felt great today and yesterday, when I was looking through Brett Adair's footage, I was getting a little nauseated at it. There was a time when I was a youngin when I thought I'd go into meteorology (and my mom thought the same), but seeing that footage, man I couldn't do that.

Has his footage been archived? I didn’t have a chance to see it today, but saw all of the commentary on the thread earlier at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goes16_ir_14L_201810110033.jpg

Back