• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Michael

Already up to 1.5” of rain and it’s still pouring here in Eastern Douglas County. Looks like that 1-2” is gonna be off lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t doubtt the forecast, you’ll be chastised!!!!!!!!

Seriously.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Im not allowed to question a forecast or office,without somebody mouthing off?? It’s been happening all day, the past 2-3 days actually

Maybe it's early and I haven't seen all the photos from the storm, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like Cat 5 destruction similar to Andrew. Andrew seemed to be far worse than this storm. I guess part of that is Andrew hit a more populated area.

Ditto in ATL lol

KATL has accumulated 0.76 inches of rain in the past 2 hrs according to the NWS obs and we still got a good 12hrs to go. It baffles me that we aren't under a FFW right now. They keep using the excuse of the ground not being that saturated lately, but I know if you get a good 3-6 inches of rain in short period of time, you're gonna get flash flooding. The street adjacent from my neighborhood was starting to flood when I was on my way back home from work an hour and a half ago.

I just went through the most intense rain band so far of the whole event. I'm thinking that things are about to deteriorate extremely rapidly at my location.

Maybe it's early and I haven't seen all the photos from the storm, but from what I've seen it doesn't look like Cat 5 destruction similar to Andrew. Andrew seemed to be far worse than this storm. I guess part of that is Andrew hit a more populated area.

Well the truth is nothing will probably match what Andrew did wind wise. It is the gold standard for wind damage. That said you have yo remember several things.

Firstly we havent seen much out of the worst areas hit where the Cat 5 winds if present would be found.

Secondly Andrew was 26 years ago. Building codes are much better in coastal areas.

Thirdly, the worst damage in Andrew was in trailer parks which were shreaded.

Back