• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

Oh my.
my_god.png

If this latest dropsonde verifies, we will officially have the strongest winds of an Atlantic hurricane in recorded history. Allen was previous king at 190mph.

I was impressed with Irma, I'm completely speechless with Maria. There are not enough strong, aggressive words to describe and make sense of this grim situation unfolding right now.

EDIT: I think it's safe to say I got my question answered on the 900mb comment.:eek::(

Another sad thing is, they had brought people to Puerto Rico from the islands that Irma just hit, definite prayers for that country.

All eyes are on Puerto Rico as well it should be but just fyi gefs shifted west (also seems to have sped up).... but honestly I'll wait until this monster passes the islands before I even consider future track

Keep in mind everyone, those are northwesterly winds the dropsonde found and Maria is moving to the northwest. You're pretty much guaranteed stronger instantaneous winds in any other part of the eyewall considering this piece of information

Keep in mind everyone, those are northwesterly winds the dropsonde found and Maria is moving to the northwest. You're pretty much guaranteed stronger instantaneous winds in any other part of the eyewall considering this piece of information

Yeah we are on our way to the first recorded 200mph cane in the Atlantic.

All eyes are on Puerto Rico as well it should be but just fyi gefs shifted west (also seems to have sped up).... but honestly I'll wait until this monster passes the islands before I even consider future track
Hopefully, it's not a start of a western trend!!!

Apologies if this is old news to you guys, but I've never noticed or played with the NHC's Interactive Map before today - it's zoomable (is that a word?) and there are a nice variety of layering options.
nhcmaria.png

Back