• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Maria

It's not just aid guys. If a 190mph+ hurricane makes a direct hit on PR, it might not be there afterward. I apologize if this sounds too morbid.

That dropsonde:

Daaayyyyyuuuuummmm.gif (don't have it on me)
Here you go
499e381835c48783525be0f3f2d69f22.gif

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You would think at some point that the hurricane hunters would not fly into a storm of that strength. Wonder where their limit is?

It's flagged, but 905.7 pressure. Lowest unflagged so far is 911mb

No recon for 3 hours :mad:
I'm guessing it's getting too close to the mountains of Puerto Rico, which some are over 4k feet as has been mentioned could easily effect future track.
Dang it those winds are going to be catastrophic in the hills!

People,
Religion and politics I avoid. Like a bad plague. But in this instance, I'm deviating from my own protocol and asking - how's about joining me in a Hail Mary or two for those folks ...
They will need all the prayers they can get..... This storm is un-real. Where would you go if you were on an island. At least there are some high-rise buildings in PR.

Hm. Is this an eyewall replacement trying to happen? Radar showing outterbanding intesifying, and a weakness in the inner eyewall.

Back