• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Laura

There hasn't been a lot of talk about GA but im assuming N GA would be impacted just as much as SC ?

The way Laura is moving, I just dont see a Tx/L landfall. Not saying it wont but the movement brings her straight toward central/east Louisiana. I think the track will change by tonight and correct east

Here’s a closer look. Along and to the right of the track for some tornado potential. I think flooding will mainly occur foothills/northwest piedmont and mountains. the little pre-event with Marco should tell us any tropical type rates will cause major flash flooding in the west. BC2F6337-2A18-41BB-897E-431184C14876.jpeg

There hasn't been a lot of talk about GA but im assuming N GA would be impacted just as much as SC ?
The cutoff would be north Georgia mountains into the central SC based on latest models as the activity shifts to coastal Virginia in a hurry. Several days away tho this could all change despite the euro being in a lock ? on its track.

I agree with this solution. Within a county or so we pretty much know where landfall is gonna be imo.

The way Laura is moving, I just dont see a Tx/L landfall. Not saying it wont but the movement brings her straight toward central/east Louisiana. I think the track will change by tonight and correct east
Yeah, I'm not sure I'm sold on a direct hit for central LA. Personally I think it will either go into Galveston, or perhaps up by Lake Charles in far western Louisiana. Either of those would still give my area a decent tornado and heavy rain threat given Laura's large size. But I'm still prepared just in case she suddenly veers north too soon.

The forecast track must have changed significantly for him to make such a big forecast change.
That’s the thing, it really didn’t.. the models were showing yesterday the remnant low of Laura moving through Tennessee and around the NC/VA border area and he was saying no impact.

Back