• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HMON leaves land and then heads straight for the GA/FL border area for landfall 2.
hmon_mslp_wind_11L_41.png

Savannah or Charleston would be under water. Anywhere is better than those 2 spots.

Larry, has Sav ever had a direct hit from a major?? I seem to remember a slide by from a 3, but I don't recall a 4 or 5 even getting close. It would be bad news with all the increase in pop, and building all along there. T

The last major Ga hits ones were during the 1890s

1898 was GA/FL border and a 4! It was terrible for especially the lower GA coast including Brunswick though the entire GA coast had major effects from surge among other things.

Last edited:
Yep, you can ask Larry about Matthew last year. This would be way worse. Hoping it doesn't hit there for everyone in Savannah and Brunswick's sake. Oh, and Don't forget Jacksonville.

Agreed. Major league hoping it doesn't come back into the GA coast from the open water as that would be worse than Matthew unless it isn't too strong a storm then.

UKX2 tropical model. IS that related to the UKMET parameters? I'd look it uo, but a bit busy right now.. It has it staying as a Cat 5 through 132 hours! I don't have the track data though.

^^ That is less land interaction/ further North than 00z Euro at that time.

UKX2 tropical model. IS that related to the UKMET parameters? I'd look it uo, but a bit busy right now.. It has it staying as a Cat 5 through 132 hours! I don't have the track data though.
Must be keeping it in the open waters before bringing it into the Carolinas??

Must be keeping it in the open waters before bringing it into the Carolinas??
Or maybe it's OTS. Why I was wondering, becasue from what I understood... the UKMET was still on the southern most side of guidance with much more land interaction... so maybe those two models aren't related.

Or maybe it's OTS. Why I was wondering, becasue from what I understood... the UKMET was still on the southern most side of guidance with much more land interaction... so maybe those two models aren't related.
UKMET takes Irma into Southern SC, NAVEGM up the spine of Florida. I think we are seeing a consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back