• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
145453_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

NHC has Irma as a Cat 3 Monday morning so that's a bit of good news

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

The models keep trending faster with Irma overall . A fast track opens the door for an OTS or just offshore solution. Let's hope that continues

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Not much change other than location/pressure being slightly higher

11:00 AM AST Wed Sep 6

Moving: WNW at 16 mph
Min pressure: 918 mb
Max sustained: 185 mph

So, 18.2N, 64.0W as of 15Z per NHC. Now compare that to the 1st 2 points of the 5AM track:

INIT 06/0900Z 17.9N 62.6W
12H 06/1800Z 18.6N 64.6W

So, it got to 64.0W at 1500Z (~now) which is consistent. However, this should be at 18.4N as of 1500Z rather than the actual of only up to 18.2N. So, a little south of the 5AM forecast track. If this isn't just due to a wobble, it is headed a bit south and, therefore, NE PR may get into the SW portion of the eye if it doesn't curve back more WNW in the next few hours. If it ends up being no more north than 18.5N when it crosses 65.2W, my calculations have the SW portion of the eye due to its size near the NE tip of PR. This is going to be close.

I have no clue about this storm anymore. The Recon seems to not be supporting 185 mph yet it is still at that, and the pressure was higher before the last advisory and this one was 918 mb, though recon just found 923 mb. It seems much weaker, but I must be missing something. Still insane further up though.
recon_AF305-1311A-IRMA_dropsonde1_20170906-1446.png

Yes, the NHC site is slow cause of high traffic. That shouldn't shock you. Lol.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I think he was trying to link this video. Looks crazy.

Wow! It's not just measly pieces of tree branches flying, it's literally large chunks of entire trees flying in the air and on the road like tumbleweed. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that outside of tornado videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back