• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plan right now is to disable the guest view this Friday at 12 noon . If your a guest be sure to register so that you don't miss the latest on Irma this weekend

New 0z tropical model spaghetti plot
31d817013c7e97c7c63bfe0e5af8eb28.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Truthfully the worst case scenario to me would be if it does skirt between Cuba and Keys make the Northern Jog on the West coast of Florida, The Gulf temps in the eastern Gulf are high compared to other regions and as long as it didn't have direct landfall the West Coast of Florida it maybe wouldn't lose much strength sorta like Matthew did but just on West coast of Florida and exposing that coastline to the Strong NE side before slamming into the Panhandle or Alabama coastline still pretty strong and will make it into mainland for a good ways at a pretty significant stretch but this is just thought forecasting on my opinions.

Truthfully the worst case scenario to me would be if it does skirt between Cuba and Keys make the Northern Jog on the West coast of Florida, The Gulf temps in the eastern Gulf are high compared to other regions and as long as it didn't have direct landfall the West Coast of Florida it maybe wouldn't lose much strength sorta like Matthew did but just on West coast of Florida and exposing that coastline to the Strong NE side before slamming into the Panhandle or Alabama coastline still pretty strong and will make it into mainland for a good ways at a pretty significant stretch but this is just thought forecasting on my opinions.
That is one hell of a sentence ... but the substance makes sense ...

Not gonna start live reports and PBB - but either the media has totally freaked folks or folks are being very smart - either way - slap dab here in the north most central part of FL, Publix is bare, lines are at the gas stations into the roads, and a D cell battery is worth more than a silver dollar ...
Hype machine in full gear! But this time it could be a good thing. This is a little long and if it's in the wrong place I apologize, slap me and delete it, but I thought there might be some folks reading that could benefit especially if they are new residents of cane country.
Lived in Fl. and SC a couple miles off the ocean for 25 years and some very experienced folks taught me a lesson during Hugo. Every Spring we stocked our non perishables, enough for 2 weeks. Mainly water, soup, canned beer, flour, condensed milk, dried grains and legumes(ie. oats, rice, beans) Be amazed how long you can live on water and soup. After the season we'd commit a cardinal sin and make a low country boil or gumbo out of all those cans of soup, grains and water and have an October Oyster roast. Those supplies were cheap. You don't need Chunky or gourmet soup good ol generic chicken and noodle, cream of mushroom, veggie.. 2 weeks would cost us on average 200 bucks for 4 people. If we weren't evacuating we didn't need gas at the last minute. Kept 20 gallons around when we could finally afford a generator and rotated those cans through the summer to the car or the lawn mower every 30 days.
I betcha the Publix was short on eggs, milk and bread first off. Why are you going to buy stuff that rots?
My point is it's easy to be prepared and not cost an arm and a leg and not waste anything. The indigenous coastal folks of the sea shore and islands did for thousands of years .
Disclaimer: If you are ordered to leave, do so. It is not in yours or anyone elses best interest to be foolishly brave period.

Another Camille like storm will come along some day.

1. I think 1915 was the last time 2 cat 4's hit the US.

2. She seems to be moving slightly south of the projected NHC path and may be headed for a direct strike on PR. Do others agree? I wonder if her extreme strength is causing this (I recall clearly Gilbert cooling forecasters with it continuing more westbound than projected) and do still wonder if she'll ultimately go much further west than anticipated and threaten the Gulf.

It seems to be moving right on track with the NHC's forecast track so far.

Nor can I ... just speaking as one lone solitary citizen ...
Take a mini vacay to Tennessee. I would not know where else to recommend that you go. This s unreal. I have friends that are travel nurses in St. Thomas. Their contract would not let them leave. The airport is now closed and they are preparing for 200 mph winds. Mind boggling.

Take a mini vacay to Tennessee. I would not know where else to recommend that you go. This s unreal. I have friends that are travel nurses in St. Thomas. Their contract would not let them leave. The airport is now closed and they are preparing for 200 mph winds. Mind boggling.
Bless them. Angels on Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back