• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The divergence in the GEFS tracks start about here which is when the op brought it northward. Obviously there is a good but of disagreement on how long the ridge stays in play. Conventional wisdom says the op gfs is probably too far east
fa295ed192e5707384c6d8bbf4a0fb89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honestly, I'm not buying any track or even trend beyond 72 hours as long as this stays in the low 930's or lower. I know that bucks the norm but so far this isn't normal. There are just way too many if's involved in even the model runs. Not going to hedge my bets on cutoffs and ULL's this far out, not to mention small scale features that could influence the track down the line. Just me, but I really don't have any warm fuzzy's about these runs atm.

The divergence in the GEFS tracks start about here which is when the op brought it northward. Obviously there is a good but of disagreement on how long the ridge stays in play. Conventional wisdom says the op gfs is probably too far east
fa295ed192e5707384c6d8bbf4a0fb89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Conventional wisdom flew out the window a couple days ago ...

Irma hasn't struck the US yet. Her saffir simpson rating at landfall is yet to be determined.
It is ramped at Publix - for goodness sakes - just went in to pick up a few minor items and you'd think a foot of snow was about to fall tomorrow and stick for 2 weeks ... shelves are empty, and I mean, empty ...

This storm at face value if it maintains it's strength and path is a threat for the entire SE depending on where it lands and if it tracks inland it will be have a long way to go to die down in strength... Tornadoes, Flooding issues, straight wind damage and Power outages just cause you live in Atlanta/Birmingham/Columbia/Augusta etc depending on path all will face a multitude of threats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back