• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ever coast it decides to go up, if it does, looks like I'll see some rain, lol.

Hey, Larry, has a biggie ever hit Sav head on? I don't recall a 4 or 5, but I sort of remember a 3 at least side swiping some time back there.

Look at the spread lol. The NW track inland still very pronounced
7601057736852a0f346e5ea944035f5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Tapatalk

Why I was wondering does it just stay on a N/NW course maybe and the true N doesn't materialize thus it does get into the gulf and stay... So many questions with little answers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recon should be in around 7pm
Going right to the source (you!).
Been looking in as I can but work is 110% this way so no time to get into the weeds today (folks wanting stuff done just in case we're out of commission next week).
So 2 quick questions: 1) When was last recon, and 2) Was it soon enough that the 18Z suites will have the benefit of it?
Thanks!
Best,
Phil

I don't get why so many runs show these things just circling around. For so many years we've had upper winds that ruled...can't get a winter storm to slow down, and even with a front coming down the Gfs at least wants slow them down and wander them around. Not enough systems over us to create gravity for some reason. T

I don't get why so many runs show these things just circling around. For so many years we've had upper winds that ruled...can't get a winter storm to slow down, and even with a front coming down the Gfs at least wants slow them down and wander them around. Not enough systems over us to create gravity for some reason. T
Me and you just need a nice big sleet storm to mellow things out Lol!!

I feel like I have seen this before at some point in my life. I remember a storm, it may have been Katrina, but it may not have been. The models had been leaving the GOM pretty much out of the game and then once the storm got closer, all models showed that trend to the west and it brought the gulf into the game in a large way. I am not nearly as smart as anyone on here, but I enjoy following the models, and I know that when it comes to a tropical system, that pretty drastic swings to the east or west can easily happen until we get really close to landfall. Those spreads posted above need to keep everyone from the east coast to Texas watching carefully. Man, that is one intense looking cane.

Me and you just need a nice big sleet storm to mellow things out Lol!!
Well, I'm just remembering td Alberto back in the early 70's. That thing was bringing coffins up out of the ground. I never saw so much rain. You needed scuba to stand outside :) I like rain, but 18 inches in a few day...nahh... but I'd die a happy man if I could see 18 inches of sleet, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back