• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Irma (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just BS to claim he's wrong more than he's right about big events
He is wrong more often than not nowadays when it comes to big weather events. Great at nowcasting severe weather...not so great at forecasting tropical or winter events.
's

Pretty bold of him to say that is won't go into the gulf this early on...that's kind of dangerous tbh for someone of his status to speak that. Maybe he will be right though. I hope so.

Don't think the GEFS is going to be much help lol.... members off the east coast and members west, I don't know a mean probably right into Fl surprised I know

This! Is there a way to hide posts from members in the forum?

Oan. I really hope this thing goes out to sea. I am enjoying reading all of your input and enjoyed the live show last night. :)
You can click on there name and then hit ignore.... if you need to.

One thing to bring up again, we are relying on weak diffuse trough/ULL to pull this north. We have trouble getting these right a day or two before they come in. Models will bounce for a while.
I totally agree. Way to early

Spoke too soon, gefs looks a little east....
gefs_cyclone_atlantic_23.png

If Irma doesn't have a lot of interaction with land before it hits the really warm waters where the record breaking hurricanes set their records, what would keep her from continuing to strengthen? Seems like if it got this strength where it's at, that it could get even stronger?

Yeah I seriously can't believe what's happening right now... We might have a 185 mph category 5 hurricane at 2pm. This is essentially a 30-40 mile wide EF-4 tornado
I kind of had a bad feeling it would make it to a 5, but I never even thought a 185 mph cat 5 was possible here. Just insane to think that it could gain more strength too, and maybe even around the Keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back