• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Humberto

Looks like the UKIE rides up 150 miles off FL as a weak cane, then continues to ride up GA/SC coast but well off the coast while dumping pressure, ends up 150 or so miles south of ILM heading NE and misses the NC coast by a good 100-150 miles....then heads due east right towards Bermuda though a bit north of it....its already heading NE or even ENE here....

us_model-en-087-0_modgbr_2019091200_114_487_149.png

Euro missing Florida entirely it seems also appears to run right over Abaco Island(granted its very weak there but it won't help matters with the Dorian crisis)
ecmwf_z500_mslp_watl_5.png

I’m not saying I think OTS is anywhere near a done deal even though the chances are obviously increasing, but wouldn’t it be amazing if a storm that less than 2 days ago was projected by most models to go well out into the Gulf were to instead stay OTS offshore the SE coast?!

I’m not saying I think OTS is anywhere near a done deal even though the chances are obviously increasing, but wouldn’t it be amazing if a storm that less than 2 days ago was projected by most models to go well out into the Gulf were to instead stay OTS offshore the SE coast?!

shades of Dorian almost(granted Dorian wasn't OTS but still way different than Gulf bound)

I think the next interesting aspect is will the Euro create a weakness with this storm and drag the second with it like the ICON does.

shades of Dorian almost(granted Dorian wasn't OTS but still way different than Gulf bound)

By the way, I’m not yet sure this run is OTS as a high to the north may block it and allow it to hit NC.

Keep in mind what was said about how had there been, when the massive E US/W ATL ridge was peaking on the models, a TC closer to the US than the wave now just off Africa that it would have been in a very dangerous position. Well, look at where 95L is in relation to that same progged ridge.

Back