• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

My family in south Spartanburg says its like a war zone. Power has been off and on, my dad has been going around cutting trees out of neighbors houses and clearing streets in the neighborhood, and there have been gas lines hit to multiple houses requireing the fire department multiple times since yesterday. Very few gas stations have been open in spartanburg with waits being over 45min at some and lines of cars waiting for gas trucks to deliver more as many gas stations have been running out. Of the grocery stores open many are not selling anything cold or frozen and marking it as spolied. Many places are also price gouging, some that are selling charcoal are charging upwards of $30 for small bags and much more for larger. There are still many roads that are completely impassable and much of the county still does not have power. Very sad stories coming out of all of the effected areas. I hope everyone continues to stay safe as the impacts of this continue to get sorted out!

If any of you can help. I am headed to pigeon forge Wednesday for a vacation. Already rented the cabin months ago. We normally take I-40 and never take the blue ridge parkway cause it makes me nervous honestly. Does anyone know the other ways to pigeon forge that are not super mountainous? Am I gonna have to go up through Georgia and to the east west of Tennessee?

If any of you can help. I am headed to pigeon forge Wednesday for a vacation. Already rented the cabin months ago. We normally take I-40 and never take the blue ridge parkway cause it makes me nervous honestly. Does anyone know the other ways to pigeon forge that are not super mountainous? Am I gonna have to go up through Georgia and to the east west of Tennessee?
Maybe drive 85 South to highway 20 and cut across North Georgia to 75 North.

If you want to go through Georgia, 68 to 411 from Blue ridge area is the next best route that bypasses all of NC.

Make matters worse. Conyers GA

View attachment 152345
I used to work here. I had to quit because they had a smaller blow-up, so i left. They actually have had a bad history with events like this, i think in like 05' they were all over the news and OSHA almost shut them down. Easily the most dangerous job i have ever worked at. They need to be shut down.

This is from google maps. 4:19

1727649420771.png

Has anyone seen any evidence of the national guard or fema or any kind of state or federal relief on the ground? Not saying they’re not there I just haven’t seen anything.

Has anyone seen any evidence of the national guard or fema or any kind of state or federal relief on the ground? Not saying they’re not there I just haven’t seen anything.

Was driving on 85 from Charlotte -> RDU today and saw state emergency mgt assets (looked like a mobile hospital) going the other way.

Back