• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Seven water plants in Avery, Burke, Haywood, Jackson, Rutherford, Watauga and Yancey counties are closed, impacting nearly 70,000 households. A total of 17 water plants have reported having no power, and an additional 23 are operating on backup power. There are 50 boil water advisories in effect across western communities

Not sure how Buncombe,,Rutherford,Mcdowell counties water situation is. Id Also Imagine Madison and Mitchell counties got pounded. They are more isolated and alot of that floodwater rolls through those counties NE to TN

I have seen "reports" that there were dozens and dozens of calls into 911 etc from people trapped in cars during the height of the flooding as people tried to escape and many of those cars and vehicles were washed away etc before anyone could get to them, and that it could take weeks or even months to find them all...take it with a grain of salt since I have not seen that said anywhere officially...

Sitting here in Chapin, SC still without power and unable to even leave the road I live on due to all the lines and trees down. But it’s nothing compared to what a lot of you and so many others are dealing with so I just want to wish nothing but the best for everyone affected. Thanks to you all for all the updates and please keep them coming. Ya’ll are my news networks. Love to you all.

Unicoi county/erwin update. I have direct communication to the incident command and our church has been working with them in organizing relief efforts.

73 missing now. A few families have been notified of deaths.

They have 5 rescue teams contacting the south side of the county which is effectively an island. They estimate over a month before power is restored.

We have an additional 3 recovery teams beginning to sweep the rivers for the unaccounted for. Likely many grim discoveries to be made.

And this is just our one county.

Unicoi county/erwin update. I have direct communication to the incident command and our church has been working with them in organizing relief efforts.

73 missing now. A few families have been notified of deaths.

They have 5 rescue teams contacting the south side of the county which is effectively an island. They estimate over a month before power is restored.

We have an additional 3 recovery teams beginning to sweep the rivers for the unaccounted for. Likely many grim discoveries to be made.

And this is just our one county.
do you know if Washington County fared better than Unicoi County ?

do you know if Washington County fared better than Unicoi County ?
My aunt lives in Johnson City. I think they are doing a lot better than Erwin and Unicoi County but they were obviously impacted. She’s able to get around town etc…. I’m still without power in upstate sc and it’s not easy at the moment but we are able to get around and find food etc…. It’s just heartbreaking to see what is going on in WNC.

Still without power in campobello. It’s awful. Trees are down everywhere. In a lot of cases groups of 7-15 trees all laid down at multiple spots on the same roads. Power lines are obviously down also. The rainfall has been insane also. Nearly a foot of rain here. 15”+ in Landrum right up the road and over 20” as soon as you hit the border and cross over in Polk, Henderson, and western Rutherford county. Rivers were over 25ft above their normal levels. Greer on 29 has power back in a lot of areas so we’ve been coming down here everyday. Absolutely awful in the mountains also. Still no power or cell service. Complete dead zone around Campobello, Landrum, blue ridge areas. A lot of our creeks and streams get fed by streams and rivers coming off of Lake Lure so water is even higher on top of the rainfall.

Yes, and your friend trump wants to get rid of FEMA< NOAA. People #Trumpazoidfuckwits on X, are actually celebrating that Asheville has been decimated. Disgusting.

Josh

@realJosh79
·
Sep 27
Asheville is the most woke city in NC and is nicknamed "San Francisco of the South." I hate seeing fellow North Carolinians suffer from flooding, but Asheville is full of degenerates who ruined the city, so you gotta flush the toilet to get rid of the ----.

What is the purpose of this post? Not sure why anyone would want to take time to post something other than a way to help the people in need with such a catastrophe. People are tired of division in this country.

The infrastructure damage is beyond imaginable. How do you get aid in to these areas without a massive air effort? Trucks are useless for a lot of areas, boats are useless so aid is gonna be slow sadly.
That’s the part of this that’s going to take months and in some cases years to fully recover. Also, and not to overlook the death and destruction being dealt with now, the long term economic impact on these areas will also be devastating. Much of the economy in these areas are built around tourism that won’t be there for some time.

How bad do any of you think the flooding around Columbia SC will get in the next day. They are saying the Congaree river will be about same levels of the great flood of 2015. Supposed to crest tomorrow.

They have already started evacuating a neighborhood in Cayce SC (small town across river from Columbia ) that is on the river as water is already beginning to rise. People are starting to panic. Lake Murray Dam has already started releasing water due to water from upstream

Will it be as bad as 2015 which destroyed so much. Just wondering as due to high rivers we were cut off for about a week

All that water in NC has to go somewhere

How bad do any of you think the flooding around Columbia SC will get in the next day. They are saying the Congaree river will be about same levels of the great flood of 2015. Supposed to crest tomorrow.

They have already started evacuating a neighborhood in Cayce SC (small town across river from Columbia ) that is on the river as water is already beginning to rise. People are starting to panic. Lake Murray Dam has already started releasing water due to water from upstream

Will it be as bad as 2015 which destroyed so much. Just wondering as due to high rivers we were cut off for about a week

All that water in NC has to go somewhere
This was posted 6 hours ago....looks like it's gonna be bad. Prepare for the worse, quicky.

A flood warning is in effect in the Midlands, the National Weather Service said. It will run through 11:45 a.m. Thursday in Columbia, but does not have an expiration date for other areas along the Congaree River in South Carolina that are also above a flood stage level, according to a forecast issued by the National Weather Service.

Moderate flooding is occurring along the part of the Congaree River that flows through Columbia, the National Weather Service said. More moderate flooding is possible in Columbia, but other areas near the Congaree River, including Congaree National Park, are forecast to have major flooding, according to the National Weather Service. The river is expected to continue to rise for at least another day, if not longer. It could impact Richland, Lexington and Calhoun counties, the National Weather Service said.

The Congaree River is not the only body of water in South Carolina affected by the flood warning. The National Weather Service said other areas include:
▪ Wateree River near Camden affecting Kershaw County
▪ Pee Dee River at Cheraw affecting Chesterfield and Marlboro counties
▪ North Fork Edisto River at Orangeburg affecting Orangeburg County
▪ Saluda River at Chappells affecting Saluda, Greenwood and Newberry counties
▪ Stevens Creek near Modoc affecting Edgefield and McCormick counties
▪ Wateree River at Lake Wateree affecting Lancaster, Fairfield and Kershaw counties

Last edited:
Back