• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC
950 PM EDT THU SEP 26 2024

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHARLESTON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR PORTIONS OF...
CHATHAM COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN GEORGIA...
BEAUFORT COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN SOUTH CAROLINA...
JASPER COUNTY IN SOUTHEASTERN SOUTH CAROLINA...

* UNTIL 1015 PM EDT.

* AT 950 PM EDT, A CONFIRMED WATERSPOUT WAS LOCATED 5 MILES SOUTH OF
TYBEE ISLAND, MOVING NORTHWEST AT 50 MPH.

HAZARD...TORNADO.

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED WATERSPOUT MOVING ONSHORE.

IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT
WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR
DESTROYED. DAMAGE TO ROOFS, WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL
OCCUR. TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
HILTON HEAD ISLAND, BLUFFTON, TYBEE ISLAND, BELLINGER HILL AREA,
WILMINGTON ISLAND, FORT PULASKI NATIONAL MONUMENT, HUTCHINSON
ISLAND, DOWNTOWN SAVANNAH, MIDTOWN SAVANNAH AND HUNTER ARMY
AIRFIELD.

Yeah I think if the NHC track holds, then the metro will get significant winds. If it ends up well east of the NHC track, not as much wind.
Personally I don’t think the exact path matters at this point. Close enough for some good general
Wind with some gusty stuffs. Time will tell!

I'm just watching the satellite IR loop now, and maybe the last frame moves more NNNE instead of NNE or NE. But up until this point, it has been pretty steady NNE. In the end, it's really not going to matter all that much.
Definitely not a lot of people are going to be impacted by this. I live in Jones County north of Macon and the eastern track takes the brunt off of us. Farms in south GA are going to be hit hard by this right at harvest season

I haven’t said much in this thread, but the real story besides the areas in the landfall area is the escarpment from Brasstown Bald all the way up into the northern mountains of NC, truly historic rainfall is happening right now. I dare say it was almost a blessing that it has been as dry as it has and the lakes along the Savannah River basin on north into the Carolina’s are a few feet down.

Back