• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

Made it back to Atlanta. The Delta pilots did great navigating our way back from St. Thomas. You could really feel the wind the closer we got to Atlanta. I’m sure this is protocol but a FEMA official from St. Thomas was on our flight to help assist in FEMA operations in the Southeast. I just thought that was neat. Be safe to those chasing and everyone board wide.

It's a shame they didn't stay with that thought instead of their fantasy path west. It's actually going to end up further east if you are looking at the line drawn down the middle.
I think the bigger issue that making adjustments to the track was the fact that starting yesterday they began shrinking the size of the cone. This tells me they were completely dismissing the globals despite the fact that globals do a better job with upper air features and steering flow

The Macon media is reporting potentially unconfirmed casualties the tornado warned cell that passed earlier over Wheeler County, GA. From the local chatter that I'm seeing on Facebook, apparently it's true.

Edit: It is now confirmed that two people did die in Wheeler County, GA related to a tornado warned cell that passed over the area.

Back