• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Helene

View attachment 152085
For those questioning the NHC. I know the track has shifted some since this initial map, but let’s give these folks some credit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a shame they didn't stay with that thought instead of their fantasy path west. It's actually going to end up further east if you are looking at the line drawn down the middle.

Could be local bias but just having a hard time believing we won’t see 60+ mph winds in metro Atlanta. Storm is too strong and moving too fast. anywhere close to the center and east is going to feel it. Such a massive wind field.
Yeah I think if the NHC track holds, then the metro will get significant winds. If it ends up well east of the NHC track, not as much wind.

Been following along since the beginning of this storm. Kind of crazy that TWC just mentioned a left jog too
I'm just watching the satellite IR loop now, and maybe the last frame moves more NNNE instead of NNE or NE. But up until this point, it has been pretty steady NNE. In the end, it's really not going to matter all that much.

Back