• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Harvey

Drop 8 from the other plane shows this true as well. 134 knots not too far up. :eek::confused:
recon_AF307-1909A-HARVEY_dropsonde8_20170825-2037.png

This is like a triple threat devastating winds followed by devastating flooding and then days of tropical storm-force winds that even if someone was able to begin cleanup or power restoration they still won't be able to. It's unfortunately maybe the absolute worst case scenario

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is like a triple threat devastating winds followed by devastating flooding and then days of tropical storm-force winds that even if someone was able to begin cleanup or power restoration they still won't be able to. It's unfortunately maybe the absolute worst case scenario

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I'm not downplaying the Tropical storm-force wind threat but I'll be interested to see just how long that threat goes . i know models keep them going for days and days so it will be interesting to see how it actually plays out

TWC said that Harvey hasn't slowed down yet. And it supposed to by now.

I'm not downplaying the Tropical storm-force wind threat but I'll be interested to see just how long that threat goes . i know models keep them going for days and days so it will be interesting to see how it actually plays out
If it can keep a connection to the gulf it should maintain some strength

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If it can keep a connection to the gulf it should maintain some strength

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah the guy off TWC said it should hover over the gulf coast and keep some strength. Then loop back in gulf.

Back