• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

PM's only allow 5 participants, and there's so many of y'all out there that have been so very instrumental in discussing this storm, keeping folks abreast, and just providing a wealth of info ... and another 100 plus of y'all who've really contributed to the substance of the discussion and analysis ... so from one old Curmudgeon, please consider this a heartfelt, public, PM to all of you for the time, energy and info ... :)
Hope anyone who is adversely impacted is quick to recover ... ;)
Best!
Phil

PM's only allow 5 participants, and there's so many of y'all out there that have been so very instrumental in discussing this storm, keeping folks abreast, and just providing a wealth of info ... and another 100 plus of y'all who've really contributed to the substance of the discussion and analysis ... so from one old Curmudgeon, please consider this a heartfelt, public, PM to all of you for the time, energy and info ... :)
Hope anyone who is adversely impacted is quick to recover ... ;)
Best!
Phil
This board has given me more insight and topics to study/issues to dwell on than any other source to date. My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you, and I hope to one day offer even a fraction of the insight and information you all have. Including you Phil!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This board has given me more insight and topics to study/issues to dwell on than any other source to date. My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you, and I hope to one day offer even a fraction of the insight and information you all have. Including you Phil!

You could fill half a thimble, on a good wet day, with what I know ... but it's fun! ... :D

Last edited:
Well, the Cinnabon finally opened in our mall, so I will always think of Florence, while eating my six pack! Weekend success!

The band many in central NC are concerned about wrt dumping considerably more rain later this evening or early in the overnight is getting its act together now over Scotland & Robeson counties.

Tbh I think we ended up with a compromise between models. As while the other models were too far north, they were right to show less rain south. Picked up .32" yesterday and the Euro was showing 1-2" fairly close to go time.

This rotation got close
387a988c71b1e1ccfcc55dd9fe0efbc5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like there is rotation with the storm in southern Chatham and Wake.

The band many in central NC are concerned about wrt dumping considerably more rain later this evening or early in the overnight is getting its act together now over Scotland & Robeson counties.
Already had a couple of tornado warnings, too.

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
506 PM EDT SUN SEP 16 2018

NCZ026-027-162145-
Nash NC-Franklin NC-
506 PM EDT SUN SEP 16 2018

...A HEAVY TROPICAL SHOWER WITH WEAK ROTATION WILL AFFECT
NORTHWESTERN NASH AND FRANKLIN COUNTIES UNTIL 545 PM EDT...

At 506 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a heavy rain shower 8 miles
east of Bunn, or 8 miles west of Nashville, moving northwest at 30
mph.

Wind gusts up to 40 mph will be possible with this storm.

Locations impacted include...
Nashville, Louisburg, Franklinton, Spring Hope, Castalia and
Ingleside.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

To report severe weather, contact your nearest law enforcement
agency. They will relay your report to the National Weather Service
office in Raleigh.

Hrrr drops a massive stripe of rain into parts of wake county
a9ac15d87eb670471c50f8ed204fa7da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Looks like the heavy stuff is over me, too.

But that gradient is ridiculous.

It was agreed that Obs posts would go in this same thread right? If not please lemme know so I can post it in appropriate thread!

Conditions here as of 5 minutes ago...

Edit: idk how to link this to imgur properly if it doesn't work just delete it I guess lol)

Last edited:
Back