• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Will not be surprised to see some those earlier crazy totals the HRRR was showing verify for you.
That main band to the SW is starting to shift NE and there are cooling cloud tops just off shore near ilm. Have to think we start getting some increased rates and banding into this area after midnight into the morning rush

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

have a friend who lives in New Bern, but they're in Georgia now... not sure when they're going back.

Lot of lightning with those cells down there too
That main band to the SW is starting to shift NE and there are cooling cloud tops just off shore near ilm. Have to think we start getting some increased rates and banding into this area after midnight into the morning rush

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Raining pretty hard again. Looks like a lull coming up shortly, followed by a big line.

The track of Flo and this rain is crazy. North, south, west, and now back north and east. We can't seem to get rid of it.

Here it comes. Another special weather statement mentioning rotation.

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
951 PM EDT SUN SEP 16 2018

NCZ007-008-024-025-040-041-170215-
Chatham NC-Durham NC-Wake NC-Person NC-Granville NC-Orange NC-
951 PM EDT SUN SEP 16 2018

...A HEAVY RAIN SHOWER WILL AFFECT SOUTHERN PERSON...EASTERN
ORANGE...WEST CENTRAL GRANVILLE...WEST CENTRAL WAKE...NORTHEASTERN
CHATHAM AND DURHAM COUNTIES UNTIL 1015 PM EDT...

At 951 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a heavy rain shower 7 miles
southwest of Cary, moving north at 30 mph.

Funnel clouds and enhanced wind gusts up to 50 mph will be possible
with this fast-moving shower.

Locations impacted include...
Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Roxboro, Butner, Rougemont, Apex,
Holly Springs and Morrisville.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Doppler radar has indicated weak rotation with this shower. If the
storm intensifies and rotation strengthens, a warning may need to be
issued.

My chaser friend is stuck in an isolated Wilmington because all the roads out are flooded

Crazy

And to think i almost went with him :eek:

120,000. City is closed completely off. Official, guess mayor is organizing air drops for food water. Death toll is 18. Latest was a little kid union county just east of Charlotte killed by falling tree on home.

Florence is throwing her last punch tonight. Currently I'm getting a deluge of heavy rain but this should be last big round. This morning over 600 roads where closed in NC. Tonight they said they quit counting because so many. Gotta get through these river floods, espeacilly bottom 1/3 of NC this week. Poor New Bern who's had the surge recede, now has to catch the trent and neuse river Crest. The Cape Fear will be the worst and unfortunately it empties right into Wilmington. This hands down will be the new benchmark for worse Hurricanes in Wilmington. Took it directly on the chin at landfall and now has to deal with the river flooding that will no doubt flood all of downtown there.

Best News is NHC finally issued their last advisory on Florence this afternoon.

Florence is throwing her last punch tonight. Currently I'm getting a deluge of heavy rain but this should be last big round. This morning over 600 roads where closed in NC. Tonight they said they quit counting because so many. Gotta get through these river floods, espeacilly bottom 1/3 of NC this week. Poor New Bern who's had the surge recede, now has to catch the trent and neuse river Crest. The Cape Fear will be the worst and unfortunately it empties right into Wilmington. This hands down will be the new benchmark for worse Hurricanes in Wilmington. Took it directly on the chin at landfall and now has to deal with the river flooding that will no doubt flood all of downtown there.

Best News is NHC finally issued their last advisory on Florence this afternoon.

Is this also the worst flooding ever for New Bern?

Back