• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Florence

Do you NC people . I have no clue where this is

Highway 64 goes west to east all the way across NC. Cuts it in half basically. If you start in Murphy NC, closest to you in Alabama and draw a line to Cape Hatteras, 7 plus hour drive into the Atlantic Ocean. Theres Highway 64.

Goes ri ght through my County , Wake County by SD and right underneath Halifax County, Metwannabe stomping ground.

Right about here. I believe myself and SD are south of 64. I am in Holly Springs about 10 miles south of that line. I think Florence may track a little to far south to get 6-10" up to Hwy 64. Thinking 3-5" for us with 2-3" for Raleigh.

View attachment 6390
Oh wow you aren't that far from me. Our area is interesting. The gradient even from my house to yours may be somewhat steep. Im thinking 4-8 here

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't know rain shield is expanding to the north and northeast somewhat

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yeah this system is going to look totally different later today and especially tomorrow. I think there will be a sharp cutoff off to the north but still healthy totals

Yeah this system is going to look totally different later today and especially tomorrow. I think there will be a sharp cutoff off to the north but still healthy totals

With how far south Flo is dropping, I am starting to think best chance of rains may be after this turns north in western SC.

With how far south Flo is dropping, I am starting to think best chance of rains may be after this turns north in western SC.

You are correct sir. I can tell you I'm in Chatham, just west of you and just north of Hwy 64 and we haven't had a drop and I see the outer bands drifting further south. These rainfall estimates of 5-8 for Chatham will not come to fruition with Flo's current path and location of outer bands. There will have to be a strong east side to this storm as it moves towards and up the apps.

Im watching this band to get into our area shortly
bce6327e084de5801510aff96d54bfea.jpg

Yeah I'm mildly interested in these cells to my east although looks like for the most part they will stay south of me, but going to mean business when they rotate around to you guys

Im watching this band to get into our area shortly
bce6327e084de5801510aff96d54bfea.jpg

Tornado Warning
Tornado Warning
NCC015-141430-
/O.NEW.KAKQ.TO.W.0012.180914T1354Z-180914T1430Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Wakefield VA
954 AM EDT FRI SEP 14 2018

The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Southeastern Bertie County in northeastern North Carolina...

* Until 1030 AM EDT.

* At 954 AM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located over Westover, or 7 miles northeast of Plymouth, moving
northwest at 40 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

Hope I am far enough NW to miss out on the higher winds and power outages.

The nams are interesting. Maybe a slacking off this afternoon and evening then things pick back up again tomorrow as it moves west into sc..I see people posting on FB already that florence isn't bad. That's like saying an ice storm wasn't bad after the first hour of freezing drizzle

Back